The latter.  Not tier1 support.

From: Josh Luthman via Af
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 1:25 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] cheap computer phone support

Are you looking for tier1 support center or an over the phone PC repair shop?

If they can't afford $100 to fix their $1000 Macbooks they will just end up
buying a new $1000 Macbook.  Give them 2-3 possible solutions and apologize
that you can't help them.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343