From: "Mark - Myakka Technologies" <m...@mailmt.com>
To: "Rory Conaway" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:31:44 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT - EE help please

Rory,

liking the 555 for now.  Any other suggestions welcome

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

Proud Sponsor of the Myakka City Relay For Life
http://www.RelayForLife.org/MyakkaCityFL

Please Donate at
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY12FL?team_id=1030009&pg=team&fr_id=37555
------

RC> Another option is 555 IC's, very easy to work with and a million circuits
out there.

(http://www.radioshack.com/nte74ls163a-ic-ttl-binary-counter/55051075.html#q=counter&start=1).

RC> So you would need an oscillator.  You can make one with a
RC> couple of cross-coupled transistors or just use a couple of
RC> cross-connected flip-flips.

RC> Feed  the timer into each of the counters that is enabled by
RC> each switch plus the output of the previous counter.  If the
RC> counter overflows before the next switch is pressed, then nothing
RC> happens.

RC> That make sense?

RC> bp
RC> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

RC> On 1/8/2015 5:09 PM, Mark - Myakka Technologies wrote:
>> I'm working with some kids on a school project.  They want help with a
>> simple circuit design.  Bare with me as I explain this.  My circuit
>> design skills are VERY basic.
>>
>> We will have 3 momentary switches (1 2 3).  If they are pressed and
>> released in the order of 3 2 1, we need it to trip a relay and keep it
>> tripped for about 4-5 seconds.  Any other order and the relay stays
>> closed.  Also, there should be a reset timer such as if 3 and 2 are
>> tripped, but nothing happens in x seconds system resets.
>>
>> This will be running off of 4 AAA or 4 AA batteries.  This device will
>>   be used for 5-10 minutes at a time.
>>
>> I'm trying to keep it basic as possible.  These are 6 & 7 graders with
>> zero electrical knowledge.  If the circuit get too complicated, their
>> eyes will just glaze over.
>>
>> I was thinking about something with capacitors.  I know they store and
>> release energy and have some timing specs.

---
is active.