my point in mentioning UBNT and irfiber was a reference to the guys putting
up a gigabitish link when they only needed 100mbps. The price point is so
low you can afford to do that. Bring down the price points on licensed gear
and the same guy will sit on bigger chunks of spectrum because he can.
Right now you have to think about how much spectrum youre using to get X
amount of bandwidth because its limited and essentially not reusable.
Granted you can hopefully re-license new gear down the road, but its pretty
cost prohibitive to just squat spectrum. The license is pretty much
nothing, works out to what, about 100 bucks a year if you use a coordinator
to have ownership and technical recourse. Its simply a hardware cost issue.

UBNT and their "disruptive" pricing, should they delve into the licensed
market should be re-branded "destructive pricing.

Now, I complain about this, but If I was the first guy to get the license
at UBNT hardware pricing, Im down with squatting, but im a hypocrite.

And the FCC has teeth right now because spectrum disputes and illegal links
are few and far between to some degree. You disrupt the market with UBNT
pricing, the complaints will shoot way up and johnny WISP wont have any
real recourse because the FCC wont have the resources to deal with
complaints from anyone other than their honeytit lovers at the cellcos

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the
parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you