Did you ever do a link test with epmp?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373
On Jan 23, 2015 1:15 PM, "Craig House" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok so I go to the tower today replace the Epmp AP with a  Rocket M2 on the
> same antenna (Dual slant) and test with a Nano M2 at the same place I
> tested yesterday.  I get -44 signal 95% Quality and 96% capacity and
> speedtests as pictured.  What is the problem with the EPMP equipment.  So
> far I am not impressed.  IF the EPMP thinks the noise floor is -60 ish and
> a UBNT has no problem getting great thoughput I guess we will stick with
> the UBNT
>
> ------------------------------
> *From: *"Craig House" <[email protected]>
> *To: *[email protected]
> *Sent: *Friday, January 23, 2015 6:25:52 AM
> *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Epmp newbee
>
> Ok  so as an experiment I moved my 2.4 FSK omni to the same channel that
> this EPMP sector was on at the same height on the same tower.  All 41
> customers reconnected to the fsk omni and all link tests are in the upper
> 95% and better on all customers
> So why would this spectrum be so dirty for the 90 degree EPMP sector but
> usable and great link tests for the FSK omni  at the same height.?
>
> ------------------------------
> *From: *"Craig House" <[email protected]>
> *To: *[email protected]
> *Sent: *Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:24:27 PM
> *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Epmp newbee
>
> Cant use 5Ghz  All my BH links are in 5ghz and I cant get though trees
> with 5ghz.  90% of my customer base is behind trees.  This is not the tower
> I plan on leaving it on.  But I dont understand why the noise floor would
> be that high here.  It is 3 miles from any town and sits in the middle of
> nothing.  Cow pastures all around.  Unless the cows are carrying wireless
> routers??
>
> ------------------------------
> *From: *"John Woodfield" <[email protected]>
> *To: *[email protected]
> *Sent: *Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:12:39 PM
> *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Epmp newbee
>
> I would suggest 5ghz. Thats is stupid high for 2.4...
>
> John Woodfield Delmarva WiFi http://www.delmarvawifi.com cell (410)
> 708-1937
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Craig House" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:07pm
> To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Epmp newbee
>
>
> Yes I'm using a 90° sector and that AP is 180 feet up
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 22, 2015, at 19:28, John Woodfield <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> That noise floor is horrible. I usually don't see it that bad even at 200'
> in the air. Are you using a sector?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> John Woodfield Delmarva WiFi http://www.delmarvawifi.com cell (410)
> 708-1937
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Craig House" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:59pm
> To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Epmp newbee
>
>
> Yes sorry.  Capacity is bad. Quality is good
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 22, 2015, at 18:57, Josh Luthman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> Quality?
> On Jan 22, 2015 7:39 PM, "Craig House" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Ok  done.  I have a -56 signal at the SM attached is a screenshot of the
>> analysis.  -75 around the channel that I am on with the apj
>> So that is not the problem.  Why would I have only 15% to 40% uplink
>> capacity when I have 95-100% capacity and a -56 signal
>> ------------------------------
>> *From: *"Mike Hammett" <[email protected]>
>> *To: *[email protected]
>> *Sent: *Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:20:07 PM
>> *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Epmp newbee
>> Have Java installed, run that program. Connect to that radio.
>>
>> -----
>> Mike Hammett
>> Intelligent Computing Solutions
>> http://www.ics-il.com
>> <https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL>
>> <https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb>
>> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions>
>> <https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> *From: *"Craig House" <[email protected]>
>> *To: *[email protected]
>> *Sent: *Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:55:54 PM
>> *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Epmp newbee
>> So I switch the AP to Spectrum analyzer mode and reboot. Got to the spec
>> analyzer tab and click download tool.  How do I use it.  It is a separate
>> utility that my laptop doesn't know how to use the file?
>> ------------------------------
>> *From: *"Josh Luthman" <[email protected]>
>> *To: *[email protected]
>> *Sent: *Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:39:34 PM
>> *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Epmp newbee
>>
>> Monitor wireless might have a scan what you're after.  I think that's
>> only compatible (ie TDD OR wifi not both) networks seen.
>>
>> Uplink issue, noise and all that basic rf stuff?
>>
>> Josh Luthman
>> Office: 937-552-2340
>> Direct: 937-552-2343
>> 1100 Wayne St
>> Suite 1337
>> Troy, OH 45373
>> On Jan 22, 2015 6:07 PM, "Craig House" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been using cambium/Motorola FSK products now for 10 years but the
>>> EPMP product has a few things that I can't quite get to work
>>> The main one that concerns me is that I'm using an integrated SM and at
>>> any distance from the tower I can make it connect as long as I know the
>>> SSID. But what is the trick to making it show available SS IDs to connect
>>> to sort of like the scan available access points feature in ubiquity?
>>>
>>> The second question is that even a very close distances and was very
>>> good signals like -53 I have difficulty getting good uplink capacity the
>>> quality seems to be reasonable 90% or above but the capacity varies from
>>> 15% to 45% most of the time and it's obvious in the speed test that the
>>> uplink is not doing what it should
>>> What am I doing wrong photo is attached of what I'm talking about in the
>>> second question
>>>
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>
>
>
>

Reply via email to