Might want to fly that past Forrest. His SiteMonitor takes a fairly wide voltage input range, and I consider his products reasonably priced.

Others have been squeezing switching power supplies into some really small form factors lately. Almost all the power supplies your see these days are voltage and frequency agnostic. I've even plugged in a few AC power supplies into a DC source, and they work just fine.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 3/22/2015 8:51 AM, Colin Stanners wrote:
From my basic knowledge of electronics and taking apart radios, anything above 28-36V needs a transformer and support circuitry instead of just a voltage regulator IC, that entails a big jump in the price and board complexity of the power supply. The AirFiber5X's FPGA is capable of 500mbits of OFDM, certainly that is not cheap so I think they're trying to limit the bells and whistles to get it selling at only $400.

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Ken Hohhof <af...@kwisp.com <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>> wrote:

    Mike, have you asked them for a voltage spec?  If it turned out to
    accept 20-60V you’d probably change your mind and say that is
    brilliant.
    *From:* Jeremy <mailto:jeremysmi...@gmail.com>
    *Sent:* Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:05 AM
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] splain the AC ubnt line
    24v works way better for me.  All my sites are 24v.  I have to
    upconvert to 48v when needed.  There is no easy fix because I
    cannot fit two more batteries in my cabinet, and it would be a
    total rework even if I could.  So it was me and the ten or so that
    I'll buy. Thanks UBNT!
    On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 8:03 AM, Mike Hammett <af...@ics-il.net