Josh Reynolds
CIO, SPITwSPOTS
www.spitwspots.com

On 04/18/2015 11:42 PM, Stefan Englhardt wrote:

We need a combination of GPS, Filtering, Beamforming and automatic spectrum optimization. So this UBNT filtering with a working gps added with stuff Mimosa announced. Radios who look at the spectrum and select the best channels on their own talking to other radios for a network wide optimization.

*Von:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *Im Auftrag von *Josh Reynolds
*Gesendet:* Sonntag, 19. April 2015 09:31
*An:* af@afmug.com
*Betreff:* Re: [AFMUG] Very interesting post..

Yes, GPS sync helps with yourself, you are absolutely right. It doesn't help a damn about the combined noisefloors of dozens or hundreds of radios your RF front end hears though, the receiver's selectivity is destroyed despite your sync. It also doesn't do anything about your competitor transmitting on an adjacent channel, the same channel, or an overlapping channel on one you are trying to receive on at your AP.

Josh Reynolds
CIO, SPITwSPOTS
www.spitwspots.com  <http://www.spitwspots.com>