Josh Reynolds
CIO, SPITwSPOTS
www.spitwspots.com

On 04/18/2015 08:11 PM, Mike Hammett wrote:
The more competitors, the *MORE* you need sync.

http://www.ics-il.com

<https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL><https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb><https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions><https://twitter.com/ICSIL>

*From: *"Josh Reynolds" <j...@spitwspots.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com, "Mathew Howard" <mhoward...@gmail.com>
*Sent: *Saturday, April 18, 2015 8:51:00 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Very interesting post..

AF absolutely has sync?

As far as AirMaxAC, sure, no sync.. At this time.

In the end though, there are a lot of operators that simply don't care about sync.

Eventually in many markets it will come to a point when you simply run out of clean frequency, ie: using one or two or three per tower won't cut it, due to competitors, cell offload, etc. In that scenario where GPS sync is virtually useless (because you're picking the best freq per direction), its pretty obvious that there are a few radios that would currently excel in that scenario.

There are many places where we are, for instance, where multiple competitors, city and state links, federal, etc have towers less than a mile from us. Having the ability to "shrug off" that adjacent and co channel noise is critical for us.