We have an 'export compact' scripted to run every night, and have tftp
running on the mikrotiks.  A server goes through a list of IPs pulled from
our monitoring system, downloads the file from each one, renames the file to
the router name and date, sticks it in a directory.  The directory is pruned
for files more than 30 days old.

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mark - Myakka
Technologies
Sent: Friday, July 3, 2015 1:31 PM
To: That One Guy /sarcasm
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik automated backup options

I make an export (text) file and backup file every night.  Getting them off
the device you can push or pull.  Currently I have 3 different flavors
running on my system

1. Pull file via FTP using a program like PyroFTP

2. Push files from device to FTP server

3. Push files from device via e-mail


 



--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:[email protected]

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

Proud Sponsor of the Myakka City Relay For Life
http://www.RelayForLife.org/MyakkaCityFL

Please Donate at Please Donate at http://www.myakkatech.com/RFL.html
------

Friday, July 3, 2015, 1:20:16 PM, you wrote:

TOGs> I see a whole lot of options out there with scripts using mail, 
TOGs> etc. Waht works well, whats cumbersome, simplified is good, 
TOGs> alerting on backups not taking place is better.


TOGs> As best i can tell, if you do backup to a backup file, that can 
TOGs> only be restored to the same device, or am I misunderstanding 
TOGs> that?


TOGs> I thought the dude could pull backups, but Im not seeing it 
TOGs> anywhere in documentation


TOGs> I dont mind a combination of text config for reference and full backup
file.


TOGs> In all likely hood a disaster restore would go to the same model, 
TOGs> I just dont want the backup file restoring the original device MAC 
TOGs> addresses


TOGs> We have a linux backup server that pulls backups from fortigates 
TOGs> and imagestreams, but its a cumbersome process that I dont really 
TOGs> monitor anymore




---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Reply via email to