From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com> on behalf of George Skorup <geo...@cbcast.com>
Sent: 29 August 2015 09:30:14
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Canopy 13.4 Watchdog Reset

What does FreeRun have to do with it?

I have a couple 450 test sites on 13.4 and haven't seen any watchdog
resets. Granted, that's only two APs. Definitely still see it on 13.2.1.
It's not a daily thing, but yeah, annoying.

One thing I'm seeing on the 3.6 450 with 13.2.1 is the APs getting into
a state where they say there's no sync pulse. Then it says receiving
sync, no sync... over and over every few seconds until they are
rebooted. All the while the SyncInjector says nothing is wrong. Tracking
8+ sats. No increment for the 1PPS Active counter. I understand this had
something to do with the FreeRun stuck issue, which was apparently
resolved with 13.4, but I'm waiting on 13.4.1 so some other issues get
fixed before I can update the entire network.

Anyway, if I leave the APs alone for a while (say it happens in the
middle of the night while I'm sleeping), they mysteriously return to
normal after anywhere from 3 to 20 minutes. Then if any SM loses
registration (or if I force an SM to rescan), it fails to register for
no reason at all. Reboot the AP, everything works again. I have no
freakin idea what this is about.