That's assuming all 1024 active ports are in one central location and not
distributed around, like 96 ports in one place, accomplished with a pair of
48-port 1u switches (fed on a 10Gbps ring) accompanied by a beefy UPS, in a
weatherproof ventilated 16U cabinet.

Multiply by location of several network nodes each with anywhere from 1 to
6 1U switches.