Maybe get it through Indatel instead? 



----- 
Mike Hammett 
Intelligent Computing Solutions 

Midwest Internet Exchange 

The Brothers WISP 




----- Original Message -----

From: "Jeremy" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2016 12:11:07 PM 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Hotel Wifi 


I spoke with their CEO, and they refuse to do business with WISPs. They said 
that "they had been burned by a few of them". I went to the top looking for 
answers. They still service businesses, and surely they "have been burned by a 
few of them" as well. He said that the failure rate was a bit higher with WISPs 
than businesses in general so they swore them off completely. I offered to be a 
personal guarantor and my credit score is around 840. They still wouldn't do 
business with me. After negotiating with the CEO I got them to come to an 
agreement, $30K NRC up front. There is already a conduit to the hand hole in 
front of my building where their fiber is. Needless to say, we passed on the 
offer. Syringa doesn't seem to understand how business agreements work. When 
they fail, there is recourse available. I wish they would change their policies 
and do business with WISPs. I'd be happy to open up my books to them and show 
them how wildly successful we are. They have three redundant paths out of my 
valley and would be a great addition to our network. They also have fiber 
sitting ten feet from like three of our towers. Too bad.... 


On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Eric Kuhnke < [email protected] > wrote: 



As a dark fiber operator (and WDM/transport provider for ISPs) Syringa is a 
pretty cool idea. It was founded by a bunch of small copper dialtone LECs (non 
Bell system) that each have a tiny portion of the Idaho market. Idaho has a lot 
of small telephone companies the size of Beehive or smaller that serve a few 
thousand houses. 

Starting 15+ years ago, none of them individually had enough money to run dark 
fiber around Idaho, but together they could do it... 

http://www.syringanetworks.net/about/history/ 

http://www.syringanetworks.net/resources/our_network/ 





On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Travis Johnson < [email protected] > wrote: 

<blockquote>
Hi, 

I'm staying at a hotel in Sun Valley, Idaho this weekend. This is the speedtest 
results from their free WiFi. Pretty damn impressive considering this is 
running the test on a six year old laptop with a basic Wifi chipset. 

Travis 





</blockquote>


Reply via email to