With the advent of hosted solutions my mindset has changed.  I still host my
own mail, but i am using packages like Zimbra and other solutions.  Spam and
Virus filtering are outsourced.

I am a fan of Postfix/Dovecot except for the add ons (domain keys, spf records,
etc.) are all things that have to be shoehorned in so to speak.  In packages
like Zimbra and others it’s a checkbox or an option at install.  This saves me
a ton of time, and gives me things I have wanted for a long time. I am a fan of
Iredmail, just not the price.  Also a fan of @mail.

Regardless of your choice sometimes it makes sense to not provide e-mail.
Sometimes it makes sense to outsource it. Our last WISP we had e-mail for
ourselves, but told everyone to go to gmail. Cut down on support and
infrastructure costs considerably.

Justin Wilson
j...@mtin.net

---
http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO
xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth

http://www.midwest-ix.com  COO/Chairman
Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric