Really, if its subsidized, depending on the actual current and realistic
near term future bandwidth demands, a primarily bulk cellular data with on
demand ptp and ptmp solution for gap fillers might be well worth looking
into. Review the entire infrastructure and build some data banking
locations to aggregate any non real time demand to off peak syncronization
locations.

owning a network is always ideal when conditions are ideal, but from the
sounds of it, thats just not the case