I have been doing several Ip purchases for clients.  Most are scared away by
pricing once you get above a /21.  I had one client send their /19 off to a
broker and they broke it up and sold it off for them.  A /22 out of that went
for about $10 an IP (around 10k).  The client had fees and such that came out
of that.  My .02 is that by the time the ones who can afford /16’s Ipv6, CGNT,
and other things will be very mainstream. Thus IPv4 will be less useful.  It’s
like real estate.  Of they build a superhighway 3 miles away, and you own the
gas station on Route66, it means you still have something. But that something
isn’t what it used to be.

Right now companies are throwing money at an issue, and rightfully so. There
will become a point where innovation will take over because V4 is too costly.
Just like WISPs have done for years.  You will not only see small to medium
providers innovate, but enterprise as well.

Justin Wilson
j...@mtin.net

---
http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO
xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth

http://www.midwest-ix.com  COO/Chairman
Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric