Don't stop eating nuts. They are good for you, and the "fats" in nuts are not a big deal. I've eaten lots of nuts my whole life; pretty much daily.

Yes to limiting sugary drinks. Also stay away from artificial sweeteners; they do more harm than good. Recent evidence suggests they might be contributing to type 2 diabetes. They also play havoc with your micro biome.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 8/29/2016 10:12 AM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
Yeah, I just got back from England and jumped on the scale.  Arrgh.
I don’t drink sugared sodas so that is no problem, but my wife does buy candy. And I snack on nuts all the time too but I know they are pretty high calories.
So, baby carrots and hummis I guess.
I can lose weight, much easier if my wife is on board.
We are empty nesters now and I am hoping to convince to help me with this.
*From:* Sean Heskett <mailto:af...@zirkel.us>
*Sent:* Monday, August 29, 2016 11:02 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT Fit Bit
5 things that will help you loose and keep weight off
1. no Alcohol (you probably already do this chuck) or only a drink or two per week 2. no added sugar. check every label on the food you eat and buy the stuff without sugar or as little sugar as possible. the low fat stuff usually means they added sugar so avoid it like the plague. especially avoid high fructose corn sweetener. 3. no bread or very little bread. instead of a sandwich throw all the sandwich fixins on a salad or lettuce wrap. or in the winter eat soup (for some reason salad is not appetizing to me in the winter...prolly because i'm already cold lol) 4. healthy snacks with no added sugar. get all your sugars from fruits if you can (your body needs some sugar). unsalted nuts are good, cheese as long as it's not in excess is good protein too. 5. 30 minutes of some kind of exercise. walk, bike, go to the gym, whatever, just move around for 30 min. you'd be amazed at what cutting out all the crappy sugar can do. their is already a lot of sugar in everything we eat so try to cut it out as much as possible. I dropped 15lbs pretty quick once i got rid of sugar, alcohol (which turns into sugar), and bread (carbs that turn into sugar). the awesome thing is the weight stayed off since i've programmed myself to avoid sugar.
2 cents, good luck!!
-Sean