Depends on what your network requirements are.   What type of traffic are you
putting over it and do you need any specific features like Ethernet OAM, MEF,
QinQ, VLAN’s, QOS, DSCP, etc.?   At 8 miles I would use 18Ghz - but I don’t
know what your rain fade looks like and the reliability requirements you have.

Mark