In heavier rain zones, being able to use dishes as small as 3 ft in 6 GHz has
been a game changer.  Back when FCC minimum was 6 ft dish, that was not
feasible on many sites, due to structural issues or tower rent.  Rain fade much
less of an issue at 6 GHz, but need to watch out for multipath similar to 5 GHz.

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Eric Kuhnke
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:49 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 11GHz and 18GHz real throughput

What do you mean, not a chance at 18?  If you can design for ACM and rain fade,
yes. I know the typical afmug purchase considers them too pricey but there are
lots of high quality, dual polarity 4' and 6' size 18 GHz dishes.

I would not be excessively scared of 15 miles at 18 GHz with big dishes.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Mike Hammett <af...@ics-il.net