"The manufacturing, transportation, and erection of these things is
not offset by the gains, its a net carbon loss at the end of the day."

I haven't seen any data that corroborates that statement. You
basically have to look at how long they plan for them to run, the
power generated during that time, include maintenance, and compare
that to the cost to manufacture and erect.