      From: Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com>
 To: af@afmug.com
 Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 1:47 PM
 Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Small Scale PON

I asked the Alphion sales rep about this.  He says the optics are coded,
yes.  As far as mixing ONT from one vendor with an OLT from another he
said in essence GPON is a standard, but it isn't usually tested across
vendors so whether it works fine, works with bugs, or doesn't work at
all is going to be a matter of chance.