I would break an ankle if I ran on uneven ground long enough unless I had my braces on.

Carl Peterson wrote:
I'm in the anti-run crowd. Thinking ahead is much more effective. I would try being his helper. Don't do anything unless he tells you to. You can prompt him, i.e ask him what he needs you to do. Take all day if you need to but make him think through the install.