Id rather wait a little for a hello than have reconvergence across the
network any day. Granted that attitude comes from a long time ago on a
tranzeo based layer 2 network where they implemented rstp but got greedy
and adjusted timers, those were awful days, just awful.
I have a support ticket with saf going, i chose mikrotik because of the
features at the cost, i knew going into it mikrotik is a little bugomatic
factory. This only becam an issue after pulling the hp switches between the
radios and router when i took the layer 2 component off the distribution
network.
Lower cost routers come with an increased toolset of bandaids and fukitol