800:1 with thousands. I think that number would vary allot depending on
network growth etc. The better specs (fade margin) you require to be met on
install the less you will need.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017, 4:52 PM Joe Falaschi <[email protected]> wrote:

> We are currently staffed at 500:1.  I think a lot of it has to do with the
> age of your network (how many CPE conversions you have to do, removals from
> cancellations, etc) vs a newer company with all new gear and not as much
> chance for a customer base and equipment to age, move away etc.  Probably
> the biggest factor is how far out are you booked and is that timeline
> acceptable to you.
>
> Joe
>
>
> On Aug 3, 2017, at 3:19 PM, [email protected] wrote:
>
> I used to use a 600:1 rule of thumb.
>
>
> *From:* Donnie McCorkle
> *Sent:* Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:18 PM
> *To:* [email protected]
>
> *Subject:* [AFMUG] How do I decide if we need more technicians?
>
> This question was posed by one of my managers this week.
>
> I told him I’d ask the animal farm and he gave me a strange look….
>
> Is there any ratio of technicians to subscriber that seem to be standard
> or has worked for you?
> Any other rational your company uses to decide if your manpower is
> sufficient?
>
> We read an article recently were a startup WISP had 2000 customers before
> he hired his first employee.. and that sounded pretty wild.
>
>

Reply via email to