James,

For relevance to type theories in programming I like Bartosz
Milewski's take on it here. An entire lecture series, but the part
that resonates with me is in the introductory lecture:

"maybe composability is not a property of nature"

Cued up here:

Category Theory 1.1: Motivation and Philosophy
Bartosz Milewski
https://youtu.be/I8LbkfSSR58?si=nAPc1f0unpj8i2JT&t=2734

Also Rich Hickey, the creator of Clojure language, had some nice
interpretations in some of his lectures, where he argued for the
advantages of functional languages over object oriented languages.
Basically because, in my interpretation, the "objects" can only ever
be partially "true".

Maybe summarized well here:

https://twobithistory.org/2019/01/31/simula.html

Or here:

https://www.flyingmachinestudios.com/programming/the-unofficial-guide-to-rich-hickeys-brain/

Anyway, the code guys are starting to notice it too.

-Rob