"Importantly, the new entity ¢X is not a category based on the
features of the members of the category, let alone the similarity of
such features"

Oh, nice. I hadn't seen anyone else making that point. This paper 2023?

That's what I was saying. Nice. A vindication. Such categories
decouple the pattern itself from the category.

But I'm astonished they don't cite Coecke, as the obvious quantum
formulation precedent (though I noticed it for language in the '90s.)

I wonder how their formulation relates to what Symbolica are doing
with their category theoretic formulations:

https://youtu.be/rie-9AEhYdY?si=9RUB3O_8WeFSU3ni

I haven't read closely enough to know if they make that decoupling of
category from pattern a sense for "creativity" the way I'm suggesting.
Perhaps that's because a Hamiltonian formulation is still too trapped
in symbolism. We need to remain trapped in the symbolism for physics.
Because for physics we don't have access to an underlying reality.
That's where AI, and particularly language, has an advantage. Because,
especially for language, the underlying reality of text is the only
reality we do have access to (though Chomsky tried to swap that
around, and insist we only access our cognitive insight.)

For AI, and especially for language, we have the opportunity to get
under even a quantum formalism. It will be there implicitly, but
instead of laboriously formulating it, and then collapsing it at run
time, we can simply "collapse" structure directly from observation.
But that "collapse" must be flexible, and allow different structures
to arise from different symmetries found in the data from moment to
moment. So it requires the abandonment of back-prop.

In theory it is easy though. Everything can remain much as it is for
LLMs. Only, instead of trying to "learn" stable patterns using
back-prop, we must "collapse" different symmetries in the data in
response to a different "prompt", at run time.