Rob, the problem I have with things like "type theory" and "category
theory" is that they almost always elide their foundation in HOL (high
order logic) which means they don't *really* admit that they are syntactic
sugars for second-order predicate calculus.  The reason I describe this as
"risible" is the same reason I rather insist on the Algorithmic Information
Criterion for model selection in the natural sciences:

Reduce the argument surface that has us all going into hysterics over
"truth" aka "the science" aka what IS the case as opposed to what OUGHT to
be the case.

Note I said "reduce" rather than "eliminate" the argument surface.  All I'm
trying to do is get people to recognize that *relative to a given set of
observations* the Algorithmic Information Criterion is the best operational
definition of the truth.

It's really hard for people to take even this *baby* step toward standing
down from killing each other in a rhyme with The Thirty Years War, given
that social policy is so centralized that everyone must become a de facto
theocratic supremacist as a matter of self defence.  It's really obvious
that the trend is toward capturing us in a control system, e.g. a
Valley-Girl flirtation friendly interface to Silicon Chutulu that can only
be fought at the physical level such as sniper bullets through the cooling
systems of data centers.  This would probably take down civilization itself
given the over-emphasis on efficiency vs resilience in civilization's
dependence on information systems infrastructure.