The paper is specific to a novel and quantitative approach and method for
association in general and specifically.

 It emerges possible and statistical (most correct)  relationships. This
stands in stark contrast to  the deterministic commitment to construct
functional relationships. Hence, a polymorphic feature is enabled.
Constructors are implied in the design. How else?

 Further, this paper opens the door to computational entanglement and auto
optimization. Mathematically, a control hierarchy could relatively simply
be set at any order of logic. Thus, it has a scalar feature (deabstraction
readiness).

Rather than  classification dependent, categorization may become fully
enabled. Probably, information and semantics would be contextually enabled
across any number of universes. This paper doesn't venture into all the
implications, which in all fairness justifies scepticism.

The persistence that pattern should be somehow decoupled doesn't make much
sense to me. Information itself is as a result of pattern. Pattern is
everything. Light itself is a pattern, so are the four forces. Ergo.  I
suppose, it depends on how you view it.

Here, we have a "language" in which to emerge and initiate any pattern, to
bring form2function2form (circular, yet  progressive chain reactions). I
think it qualifies the design as having the potential to become fully
recursive. We'll have to wait and see.

For now, I'll contend that 'Design' (as pattern application/architectural
principles) remains key.