On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Matthias (cont),
>
> Alternatively, if you'd like *the* creative (& somewhat mathematical)
> problem de nos jours - how about designing a "bail-out" fund/ mechanism for
> either the US or the world, that will actually work?  No show-stopper for
> your AGI?  [How would you apply logic here, Abram?]

Mike, I am quite sure that an AGI with human-level general intelligence ...
and access to Mathematica and scripting languages ... would be able to sort
through the problems of the global financial system far better than any
human ...

The fact that we have not yet written an AGI that can do it, doesn't tell us
anything about the potential of AGI

Ben G