Charles,

Again as someone who knows a thing or two about this particular realm...

> Math clearly states that to derive all the possible truths from a numeric
> system as strong as number theory requires an infinite number of axioms.

Yep.

>  I.e., choices.  This is clearly impossible.  To me this implies (but not
> proves) that there are an infinite number of possible futures descending
> from any precisely defined state.

Not quite.

An infinite number of axioms may be needed, but there is a right and
wrong here! We cannot choose any axioms we like. Well, we can, but if
we choose the wrong ones we will eventually derive a contradiction.
When we choose the right ones, we can't know that we have... we just
hold our breath and hope that no contradiction arises. :)

--Abram