On 1/9/2009 9:45 AM, Richard Loosemore wrote:
 There are certainly experiments that might address some of your
 concerns, but I am afraid you will have to acquire a general
 knowledge of what is known, first, to be able to make sense of what
 they might tell you.  There is nothing that can be plucked and
 delivered as a direct answer.

I was not asking for a complete answer. I was asking for experiments that shed light on the area. I don't expect a mature answer, only more food for thought. Your answer that there are such experiments, but you're not going to tell me what they are is not a useful one. Don't worry about whether I can digest the experimental context. Maybe I know more than you assume I do.