On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 16:40, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I meant that each contest would be associated with one (or more) of
> the defined axes, not that each contest would have its own unique
> axis.

Not to be a spoilsport on the complex numbers thing, but if you are
going to do the above why not define a set number of axes (say 3 or
5), and then require the average of all axes to be over 100 to win? It
would be a lot simpler. Plus, (unless I'm doing the math wrong, which
is quite possible) Murphy's proposed weekly change of score (p^2 + S)
results in a rapidly inflating y axis.

BobTHJ