On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Jonatan Kilhamn wrote:
> On 27 October 2014 19:33, Sprocklem <sprock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2014-10-27 12:24, Jonatan Kilhamn wrote:
> >> Now I imagine a game where this is the only source of proposal
> >> distributions, so that every officer can set their own price (bribe)
> >> for distributing someone else's proposal...
> > An obvious problem I see with this is that it could result in certain
> > proposals never being distributed.
> >
> > --
> > Sprocklem
>
> Hmm.
>
> Solutions:
> - Make "very old" proposals, i.e. more than a month, distributable
> - Have the Promotor distribute the oldest proposal (possible "the N
> oldest", though set N too high and it's not worth paying for)
> - Suck it up and say that if no-one ever distributes your proposal,
> you probably wouldn't have gotten that many votes for it anyway...
> Though the system should be set up so that just voting diligently
> should give you enough points to distribute a single proposal if it's
> something really important to you.

In the old system, you could count on earning enough just on "basic
player salary" to get one out without anyone's help every couple weeks.
Other than that, proposals could just sit forever.

I think at one stage it was cheaper (or one per week free?) if you took on
the Scribe role.  So there wasn't a single officer that was the gatekeeper,
it was the Scribes.  So, if there's not enough scribes, you might decide
to become a Scribe to make money distributing peoples' proposals for them.

We haven't had mutually exclusive Roles for a looong while.  That could be
a good thing to try again.

-G.