On Fri, 19 May 2017, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
> It came up as a CFJ when 天火狐 first registered.

If you follow the actual precedent, it actually *didn't* accept the
Japanse-character nickname, but instead recommended transliteration:
   https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?3467

However, that has faced a "soft overrule" in that everyone ignored it
and continued to use the Japanese characters.  And regardless, it goes
out of its way to mention that Registration is a special, lenient case.

On Fri, 19 May 2017, caleb vines wrote:
> Are there any pending CFJ's regarding Organization 蘭亭社?  I don't see
> any, but I did join after the organization was already chartered so I'd
> rather be sure.

Not pending, but this one was DISMISSED:
https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?3478

while noting there was no way to join the organization, so maybe you
didn't actually join?  Dunno if it's relevant to the current text of
the organization, haven't been following since that CFJ.