On Fri, 26 May 2017, Josh T wrote:
> > I think the judge's "additional argument" is actually all that's needed to
> >find the CFJ false.
> I really don't have an objection with the outcome. I agree with your point
> that that additional
> argument is sufficient in ruling this CFJ false. I just think that it serves
> Agora better Good to
> not codify a potential fallacy and have a clear
> opinion piece on the subject of ambiguity.
>
> 天火狐

Oh, yes... I should have added that I generally agree with your problems with
using R1698 as a
primary reason.

Especially as CFJs don't generally change the gamestate, they just tell us what
the gamestate
actually is.  So if we used R1698 as a basis (saying "yes, everything's
ambiguous, but admitting
that would ossify the game") then what we'd *really* have to conclude is "that
means the rule
change, however many years ago, that stated ambiguous actions fail, would have
ossified the
game - so that's cancelled and didn't occur."  So we have to go back and
recalculate everything
from that point (including re-visiting every single ambiguous action we've ever
discarded since
then)!!