On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, Corona wrote:
> Indeed, if one is not willing to participate in the questionable
> practice of trading wins (I'll support your proposal to award yourself
> a win if you support mine), every win in nomics must involve some
> level of deceit, as one can't force a win, or offer anything less than
> a win for a win, as 'wins' are the most valuable 'asset'.

There's a certain ethical stance that's been expressed around here; wins
can be deceitful as long as they're LEGAL, but ILLEGAL wins are cheaper
somehow and some people just won't break the rules in order to win, or at
least not if the rules-breakage is critical to the win.  Otherwise, why make
anything ILLEGAL at all?

Again with the boardgame example, if you got to the end of a boardgame
and the winner confessed "actually I had an advantage because I secretly
kept an extra card in my hand the whole game", would you still call em
the winner or would you say e cheated and didn't win?

(Also: this discussion will get more intense if we commodify punishments
via Blot currencies).