On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, Corona wrote:
> I'll concede that my argument only applies if players think them
> winning would be, by far, the most fun/ desirable experience. If
> another player has done a lot for Agora, it will be natural to say "It
> would be awesome if e were rewarded for eir effort". Also, of course,
> Imperial nomics exist, where players derive pleasure from pleading to
> the Emperor/ress.

Well there's also the "competition is fun" aspect!  We decided on a set
of rules.  If someone jumps into the lead using those rules, then it's
"fun" to see if you can stop them using the same rules, otherwise the win
doesn't feel earned.  So it's good to keep win conditions as something
that's competitive.  (winning by victory election was kinda blah, though
there were extenuating circumstances in that one such that the "win" was
a means to a greater end for some folks).

If someone "did something for Agora", the more usual route is a relevant
Patent Title.