On Tue, 2018-05-22 at 14:19 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2018, Cuddle Beam wrote:
> > It might be a bit weird for me to bring this up but: *Why* nerf? You earned
> > those zombies, do as you please with them.
>
> So I tried playing "grand dictator" last month.  I made a proposal with
> completely secret contents.  But it was so apathetic around here that not
> only was it easy to get through (without many zombies at all) but players
> who (I don't think!) knew the contents actually voted for it.
>
> So that's boring.

Despite not being a player, I had a counterscam planned. It probably
wasn't a very good counterscam, but I at least wanted to try.

(There's an obvious alternative counterscam – emailing the zombies in
question and trying to persuade them to dezombify and change their
votes – but something like that would inconvience players who don't
necessarily want much contact with Agora, so would be something of a
last resort.)

> But it's truly frustrating, the apathy.  Say a zombie has 50 coins.
> Auctioning a zombie is literally saying "I'm auctioning a purse of 50
> coins + other benefits, the auction currency is coins".  So if the winning
> bid is 49 coins or less, it's a direct profit.  So why isn't the final bid
> being forced up to at least 49 coins?  (and yes there were several people
> with enough coins to force the bidding high last round, and I even pointed
> it out during the auction!)

It's pretty much always been the case that players engage only with
those parts of Agora that they're interested in. Someone could fail to
make a completely obvious move due to not really caring about the
economy.

--
ais523