On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 at 22:10, Alexis Hunt <aler...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 at 14:40, James Cook via agora-discussion
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 at 21:12, Alexis Hunt via agora-discussion
>> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

>> > Oh this made me think of self-ratification and how we should fix that.
>> > Letting decisions always self-ratify that they had a specific outcome would
>> > a power that's safe to pass onto subsidiary law, but only if it's a legal
>> > fiction and doesn't alter any preconditions).
>> >
>> > Do we have a preferred fix? I recall that someone (Falsifian?) submitted a
>> > proto that I think I liked more than mine but I 'd have to go back to see
>> > if that's true.
>>
>> Maybe you mean my "Retroactive events" proto?
>>
>> https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-discussion/2020-February/056594.html
>>
>> - Falsifian
>

> I think so. On reread, I'm not as strongly a fan of it as I remember. Should
> I go ahead with trying to fix my legal fiction-based one, or do you want to
> try to push yours forward more?
>
> -Alexis

I'm more a fan of my own. I am not sure how others feel about it. I
think I needed to work out how it would interact with quorum or
something but don't remember anything else I wanted to iron out.

It's been a while since I read your legal fictions proto, but I think
I had reservations in it based on what I wrote in the following Feb 18
message:
https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-discussion/2020-February/056898.html

(I phrased that message mostly about explaining differences between
our approaches. To explain why those differences give me reservations,
I'll just add that I prefer the rules to try to spell out what happens
as clearly and unambigously as possible.)

James