@Rahul: If shooter C shoots into the air, doesn't he still have only a
33% chance of hitting it? If so, then he would have a 67% chance of
hitting B or C, or, I suppose, himself. :-)

This brings up another alternative. In round 1 he shoots himself in
the foot. If he is successful (33% of the time), he is certain to
survive the duel because he is out as soon as he is hit. If he is
unsuccessful (67% of the time), the result is the same as if he had
shot into the air, i.e., he survives with probability 66/133 ~=
0.49624. Putting this all together, by shooting himself in the foot,
his probability of survival increases to about 0.66248. :-)

Dave