For me eases solution is useing pulse audio. It hase nice alsa
emulation and gives ability to grab sound from output mnoitor:

AR=44100
CHANNELS=1
VQ=5

ASRC=$(pacmd list-sources \
        | sed -n 's/name: <\(alsa_output.*monitor.*\)>/\1/p' \
        | head -n 1)

ffmpeg \
        -f pulse -i $ASRC \
        -ac $CHANNELS -ar $AR \
        -acodec pcm_s16le \
        ${OUTPUT}.a1.wav

Also alsa has native 'file' plugin. You cab write your own .asoundrc
with special device which copies sound from virtual audio card to
actual audio card and to file writer. Look at
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/pcm_plugins.html

And of course some sound cards has ability to route sound from output
to input. Check "source" variable in you alsa mixer in recording mode.

http://akhil.ru