When I say "recording my desktop" I mean I would like to save in a file a video
containing exactly what I am seeing on my screen.
For example, the recordMyDesktop software do this job.

I use ffmpeg to record because I like this software.
The main advantage is the impressive number of options available (choice of the
video size, video codec, audio codec, ...).

Yes, speakers are for producing sound.
I would like to save in my video file the sound produced by my speaker.
A way to do this, is to bind with a cable the green jack and the red jack.
In this way, I am recording what is produced by my speakers.
But this hardware solution doesn't work well this time on my computer.
I don't know exactly why because I remember I have already done this on an
other computer.
So, I prefer to find a way to say to ffmpeg to directly take the sound produced
by my speakers to save it in my video file.

I use a headset (headphones + microphone) because I want to hear the result of
my video.
Also, I use sometimes mumble so that's why a microphone is useful.
But that was just an information I give to be sure that you know what jacks are
used (maybe it can be important to be aware of this).

I am saying "speakers" but I mean the audio produced (the audio output).
In fact, I have no speakers, I have only a headset (as I mentioned before).

So my question is how I can capture with ffmpeg/ALSA the audio produced by my
speakers/headphones instead of capturing my microphone ?

[1] http://recordmydesktop.sourceforge.net/about.php