Yes I want to "record the desktop" on Linux.
Do you mean I am in the wrong mailing list for support on alsa on Linux ?

Anyway, I found an excellent way to "record my desktop".

1) The "audio" part
This is the content of my ~/.asoundrc file:
pcm.!default {
  type empty
  slave {
    pcm "tee:'plughw:0,0','/tmp/audiocap.wav',wav"
  }
}
Now, the audio is automatically recorded into the /tmp/audiocap.wav file.
2) The "images" part
I use ffmpeg to capture the images only (not the audio).
So, I will have a file called /tmp/imagescap.mp4.
3) Merge the 2 files
I use ffmpeg to merge the /tmp/audiocap.wav and the /tmp/imagescap.mp4.

I don't like this solution because the /tmp/audiocap.wav is always overwritten
when my device is opened again.
Is there a way to write a better .asoundrc to create several audio files
instead of overwriting the same file, or better, to merge them automatically ?