On Sun, 28 Jul 2013, YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List wrote:

> Yes, I confirm, "what you hear" is what I mean.
>
> Do you see any way to do this with ffmpeg/alsa ?

The easiest way of course is to simply capture the stream that youare
displaying on your desktop. Ie, something is already sending a digitial signal
containing video and audio to your desktop. Your computer is then interpreting
that and sending it out to your monitor and out your soundcard. Why not just
intercept that stream before it is interpreted by your computer, and just
saving that? Ie, if you told us what you wanted to save, it allow us to make
suggestions that would do what you want.

For example you did not tell us originally why you were using ffmpeg which has
to do with video, to capture an audio stream. aplay is a far simpler way of
capturing audio than ffmpeg ( or audacity, or other sound software)

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     un...@physics.ubc.ca