Dustin J. Mitchell schrieb:
> I'm not terribly familiar with crypto, but presumably you need the
> secret key to decrypt.  Hopefully that was stored somewhere other than
> on the old computer?
>
> BTW, once you get amfetchdump working, amrecover will work fine.
> Amrecover just doesn't show error messages very well.  For example,
> the message regarding am_passphrase was buried in the amidxtaped
> logfile.

Well, I'm not quite sure we're talking bout the same thing, but when I use
encryption, I get something like this in the dumpfiles:

To restore, position tape at start of file and run:
        dd if=<tape> bs=32k skip=1 | /usr/sbin/amcrypt-ossl-asym -d | /bin/gzip
-dc |
/bin/tar -xpGf - ...

So far, having to restore something encrypted, I did use the above commands and
it worked just fine.

/Michael

--
Michael Müskens

Rule #18: It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission.