On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Dustin J. Mitchell <dus...@zmanda.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry we don't have any good solid answers for you..

Well, I can give a little more detail.  I encrypted a backup with
amcryptsimple, then changed the passphrase and tried to decrypt it.  I
got:

gpg: decryption failed: Bad session key

Incidentally:
Tue Mar 16 14:12:47 2010: amfetchdump: <xferfilterproc...@0x13a7030>:
process exited with status 0
which makes it hard for amfetchdump (or amidxtaped, behind the scenes
for amrecover) to know anything has gone wrong.  I suppose we should
special-case a zero-length output as "failed"..

Some scribbling on the dumpfile on my vtape got gpg to say:

gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=39)
gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=5d)
gpg: [don't know]: invalid packet (ctb=2a)

which also doesn't match the error you saw.

dus...@euclid ~/code/amanda/t/amanda [master] $ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.11
libgcrypt 1.4.4

Dustin