Hello again,

I think I am starting to realize that something needs to be configured properly
in order to Fill the tapes to their MAX capacity. I'd like some advise on that.
I can create another thread for that however, it may be something to do with
existing configuration so I am continuing the discussion here.

I am doing below cron jobs currently (no manual amdumps)
#Amcheck
59 19 * * 1-5 su - amanda -c "/opt/csw/sbin/amcheck -a weeklyfull"
5 20 * * * su - amanda -c "/opt/csw/sbin/amcheck -a monthlyfull"
#amdump
01 00 * * 1-5 su - amanda -c "/opt/csw/sbin/amdump weeklyfull"
15 01 * * * su - amanda -c "/opt/csw/sbin/amdump monthlyfull"

weeklyfull- amanda.conf
inparallel 4
maxdumps 4
dumpcycle 7
runspercycle 5
tapecycle 9
runtapes 3
dumpuser "amanda"
tpchanger "chg-disk"                            # a virtual tape changer
tapedev "file:/bk/location/amanda/vtapes/weeklyfull/slots"
changerfile "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/weeklyfull/changerfile"
labelstr "WF-.*"
#label_new_tapes "PLUTO-%%"
autolabel "WF-%%"
tapetype DVD_SIZED_DISK
logdir "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/weeklyfull"
infofile "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/weeklyfull/curinfo"
indexdir "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/weeklyfull/index"
tapelist "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/weeklyfull/tapelist"
#etimeout 600     # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.
etimeout 3600     # number of seconds per filesystem for estimates.
#etimeout -600   # total number of seconds for estimates.
# a positive number will be multiplied by the number of filesystems on
# each host; a negative number will be taken as an absolute total time-out.
# The default is 5 minutes per filesystem.
#dtimeout 1800    # number of idle seconds before a dump is aborted.
dtimeout 3600    # number of idle seconds before a dump is aborted.
ctimeout 30      # maximum number of seconds that amcheck waits
                 # for each client host

holdingdisk hd1 {
    directory "/random/amandahold/hold"
}

holdingdisk hd2 {
    directory "/random1/amanda/holdingdisk2"
}

define dumptype comp-tar {
    program "GNUTAR"
    compress fast
    index yes
    record yes  # Important! avoid interfering with production runs
#  tape_splitsize 1 Gb
    tape_splitsize 1024 mbytes
#  fallback_splitsize 512 MB
    fallback_splitsize 4096 MB
    split_diskbuffer "/random/buffer"
}

define tapetype DVD_SIZED_DISK {
    filemark 1 KB
    length 10240 MB
}

inparallel 5
maxdumps 5
dumpcycle 30 days
runspercycle 30
tapecycle 20
runtapes 9
dumpuser "amanda"
tpchanger "chg-disk"                            # a virtual tape changer
tapedev "file:/bk/location/amanda/vtapes/monthlyfull/slots"
changerfile "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/monthlyfull/changerfile"
labelstr "MF-.*"
#label_new_tapes "PLUTO-%%"
autolabel "MF-%%"
tapetype DVD_SIZED_DISK
logdir "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/monthlyfull"
infofile "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/monthlyfull/curinfo"
indexdir "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/monthlyfull/index"
tapelist "/opt/csw/etc/amanda/monthlyfull/tapelist"
[...]

monthlyfull amanda.conf

[...]

weeklyfull/slots space usage
du -hk *
   1K   data
  10G   slot1
 370M   slot2
 5.1G   slot3
 5.1G   slot4
 1.7G   slot5
 1.7G   slot6
  33K   slot7
  33K   slot8
  33K   slot9

monthlyfull/slots space usage

du -hk *
  10G   slots/slot1
  10G   slots/slot2
  10G   slots/slot3
  10G   slots/slot4
  10G   slots/slot5
 9.2G   slots/slot6
  10G   slots/slot7
 2.9G   slots/slot8
  10G   slots/slot9
 6.0G   slots/slot10
 6.4G   slots/slot11
  10G   slots/slot12
 2.3G   slots/slot13
  10G   slots/slot14
 8.1G   slots/slot15
 8.4G   slots/slot16
  33K   slots/slot17
  33K   slots/slot18
  33K   slots/slot19
  33K   slots/slot20
 133G   slots

I haven't provided disklist file for both backup types. However, if needed I
can give you that or anything else.

I wonder what I can do to fill up these tapes to the full. May be use
'flush-threshold-dumped, flush-threshold-scheduled, or taperflush ' as they
mentioned here

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Delay_writing_to_tape_for_better_tape_utilization