Hi Folks,

I have written some very small DLEs so I can rip through weeks of backups in
minutes. I've learned some things. AMANDA can't backup a file; only
directories. Is there any way around that? Suppose I need to backup a large
file in a directory with many other large files, so backing up the complete
directory or moving / copying my target would be inconvenient, not to mention
administratively cumbersome when it comes to restoring.

I'm also still fighting AMANDA about how to manage vtapes, but I'm developing
more focused questions. For example, my test runs are reporting:

NOTES:
taper: Slot 13 with label Mail.TCLC.org-13 is not reusable

So, how do I designate a slot as having a volume that is re-usable?

Thanks for the help,
--
Chris.

V:916.974.0424