Hello,

I'm a major advocate for OSS in general here at Zmanda/BETSOL. I'm
interested in giving a full-voiced support to the community of those who
know Amanda works well for them.   Opinions may vary and projects fork
for all reasons or no reason (as everyone has a right to) but I hope to
help keep contributions and development all in one if we can.

Firstly... Emails like this one help us know what priorities to devote
back to community.  Our big push are special devices (to integrate into
Amanda) and our ZMC UI and enterprise-scale maangement tools.  A few
things:

1) There's no more development at the Sourceforge/SVN site and Git is
caught up.

I'm pretty sure we've integrated every single patch into Github-Git so
far and so nothing is lost and everything is in place to develop at
Github.  I think only two or three pull requests need to be handled
(besides my own) now.  It's just been very slow and I only started here
in Feb/March.

2) I'm also the build-o-mancer here and have gotten success on Debian (
think)

I'll look for a test for Stretch but I'm pretty sure we can get it up
and going too.  It just hasn't been a priority at times, but I have been
able to get it built on the latest Fedora and Debian and Ubuntu and SLES
(I think?) as well.   I'm currently spinning VMs for literally every
OS-version we can find in order to test them all at unit-test level.

3) Our OSS is all of our Open-OSS.

We may/may-not have good docs on line.  (Looking for those?) Still, I
don't think Zmanda/BETSOL hosts those anyway.  I don't know what
closed-source stuff we could paywall without catching heck (gawsh
darnit!) in tons of ways.  The community deserves what the community
contributes, even if Zmanda-employees did some in the past.

In short ... hopefully we can solve a Debian-Stretch problem as needed
as well as anything else.

     -- CH