On Tuesday 07 May 2019 06:27:14 pm Chris Hassell wrote:

> There we go!  Debian 9.0 looks good to me.

Who were you? I always do this as amanda, sudo -i (enter pw, become root,
then "su ananda -c "./gh.cf", which builds it as amanda.  When its done
with no errors. then I'm still root, and root installs it. But this
looks like the start of a new, much simpler script.

This autogets the patches from git?

I'll find out. :)

> % bash autogen && ./packaging/deb/buildpkg

I'll wrap this up in an su amanda -c "include above".

But that bailed out in about 11 lines:
root@coyote:amanda-master$ su amanda -c "bash autogen
&& ./packaging/deb/buildpkg"
See DEVELOPING for instructions on updating:
 * gettext macros
 * gnulib
 * libtool files
..creating file lists
config/set_full_version: line 21: conftemp.svn: Permission denied
config/set_full_version: line 81: FULL_VERSION: Permission denied
..aclocal
aclocal: error: config/amanda/version.m4:19: file 'FULL_VERSION' does not
exist
aclocal failed

The amanda-master.zip unpacks with several different ownerships, so I
made everything belong to amanda:amanda after unpacking it.  And I did
the apt install without any objections from apt. I'll admit I'm lost.
The system was uptodate earlier today.

> and then [magic happens] ....
>
> ~/src/amanda #0$0 [..manda:3_5[origin/3_5:+4]]@DEB9$ ls -l *.deb
> -rw-r--r-- 1 hassell hassell 1298368 May  7 16:10
> amanda-backup-client_3.5.1.git.507ad0ab-1Debian99_amd64.deb -rw-r--r--
> 1 hassell hassell  101746 May  7 16:10
> amanda-backup-client-dbgsym_3.5.1.git.507ad0ab-1Debian99_amd64.deb
> -rw-r--r-- 1 hassell hassell 2085204 May  7 16:10
> amanda-backup-server_3.5.1.git.507ad0ab-1Debian99_amd64.deb -rw-r--r--
> 1 hassell hassell  140150 May  7 16:09
> amanda-backup-server-dbgsym_3.5.1.git.507ad0ab-1Debian99_amd64.deb
> ~/src/amanda #0$0 [..manda:3_5[origin/3_5:+4]]@DEB9$
>
> I'll stick my neck out and leave the changes on 3_5.  Not on master
> ... but they should work for you.
>
> % apt-get install ca-certificates xinetd perl gettext bsd-mailx
> dpkg-dev \ debhelper dump gnuplot-nox libtool mtx smbclient \
> libcurl4-gnutls-dev libncurses5-dev libreadline-dev libssl-dev \
> docbook-xsl swig xsltproc
>
> That's the sum-total after a pretty clean (after installing 'konsole')
> install of debian 9.  Let me know if your mileage fails to vary from
> 0.
>
>     -- CH
>

> On 5/6/19 2:06 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>

> Chris, glad to here it. First, you won't find docs because the
> configure script in 3.5.1 is busted, welded solid to docbook-sxml 1.24
> and it hasn't even existed in a debian install for a decade. Stephan
> and I have both tried to fix it. look at about line 4520, I can't read
> it all that well because of a crappy choice in highlight colors my fav
> editor uses. But ANAICT the text there freezes the version it will
> accept while the text of the failure reports >=1.22. Doesn't make any
> diff because that particilar file doesn't exist in debian.
>
> Now, I'll unpack the zip if its not protected, that I managed to coax
> out of git-hub this morning. BRB. My gawd, unpacked its 20 megs! and
> its taking mc a while to copy it to /home/amanda/amanda-master in this
> new install. Done. Now I note there is not a "configure" but there is
> an "autogen", so I assume (theres that word again) that will make us
> look like idiots.  The next thing I note is that its all owned by
> root:root which is typical of useing a root session of mc to unpack a
> damned zip. We DON'T have this problem with tar.gz's so thats strike
> one. Since we usually build it as the amanda user in home amanda, just
> more of my local security. We normally chown -R amanda:amanda as the
> next step. Done.  Next is "cp ../gh.cf ."
> Done. gh.cf drives the configure script, but there isn't one.  Study
> up on "autogen" and await your reply.
>
> Is there anything I need to know before I invoke it?
>
> Copyright 2019 by Maurice E. Heskett
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Copyright 2019 by Maurice E. Heskett
Cheers, Gene Heskett