Hi Mark,

> amavisd-new doesn't do this, even if it wanted to.
> The mail contents gets read from a temporary file directly
> to a SMTP session back to MTA, no modifications to a mail body there.
Ok, but can't it be possible that the whole message gets UTF8
encoded, since the header is ASCII anyway the problems occur only on
the body.

> tcpdump is the ultimate proof
I added a tcpdump.raw file to my webspace http://www.temporal.ch/
tmp . I don't think its complete but I have no idea of how to get all
packets involved, I just collected all incoming/outgoing packets on
port 10024 and 10025 (amavis and postfix). The mailserver is running
on a virtual host, who doesn't have 127.0.0.1, localhost gets mapped
directly to the hosts normal ip. Maybe that brings up a problem with
the SMTP session?

> You messages did not go through amavisd, or you stripped out headers.
>
> Start troubleshooting (tcpdump) a session from SquirrelMail.
Well I forgot to mention im filtering all recieved headers which
contain localhost, to correct my evidence I uploaded two messages
without that filtering.

> If you fixed the problem meanwhile and re-tried, it is possible
> the previous verification result was still valid in cache
> (if they use a regular Postfix verification feature).
> Try again - and monitor your MTA log for their probe and
> your reply to it.
Hope it works now *crossing fingers*.

Regards,
Alexander Schäfer