I would like to have a copy of that article; for I
found an old homebrew transmitter recently that uses a
pair of 807s to modulate an 814. It needs a complete
rebuild, and I have not put power to it yet. The bad
news is that looks like it has been sitting in a barn
for the last 30+ years. The 814 has a rated plate
dissipation of 65 watts (is cheap and plentiful) and
will fit in an 811 socket... or so I hear. The
modulation transformer looks like it came out of an
ARC-5. I suspect that this transmitter may have been
built from a handbook article, but I don't have a HB
that old.

Any thoughts?

Mike /kz5m